Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hari Raya Celebrations

A not so gay drinking session yesterday at brewerkz..
One female colleague joined me and shichang (usually it's 2 of us only) for our adhoc midweek drinks..

Can't believe the amount of crap that was said..
and to make things worse..Desmond (my very crap colleague) joined a while too..
Victims of the night??
A tower of golden ale..2 pints of hotback ale..1 pint of fruitale (for the tall one)
And maybe just a lot of brain cells wasted on meaningless conversations..

It did not help that I had to wake up the next day at 7am for my cousin's wedding..
Tea ceremony..Church ceremony..Wedding dinner..

Anyway..can't help but wonder..if my cousin (a pastor) and his wife were the zhu jiao for the afternoon ceremony..
I bet **s*s was mentioned more often..
It was like a service (I've been to a few) than a wedding..
With preaching and asking ppl to join etc..
I jus thought it's like out of context..and way too much pushing it to us..
Got a little put off though..
But I have nothing against the religion..just that it's very exclusive of others and just tends to "advertise" too much..
Other than that, I must say the people are all nice people..

Time to relax and sleep..
It's been a very tiring holiday..

No comments: